10 August, 2012

Beautiful Things and Being Accused

Our Friends Wedding Ceremony
Today I was personally accused of being a bad mom. Wow! Sitting right there on the witness stand (it felt like), I hemmed and hawed as I was aggressively asked question after question, being left with little to no time to answer properly. Like a leaf, I started quivering.

I won't disclose detail, as to protect my family.

I will disclose...that it hurt. It cut like a hot knife. One of my life goals, one of my missions in life, one of my biggest priorities, my gargantuan childhood dream in life....was to be a good mom. Is... to be a good mom. Better than good, excellent, superior even.

And today...I sat face to face with a person who doubted my abilities, questioned my actions, wondered about my skills. Oh, it burned.

She never got to know me. Didn't even try. She didn't ask about me, what I like, what I dislike. Who I am, who I believe in. She just judged - then accused.

God asked me to do certain things. Didn't she understand this. This woman. He asked me to parent. And in different ways. He asked me to parent my own birth children and he asked me to accept other children; as my own. I have done this. I have obeyed without question.

Have I been the perfect mom. NO. Unequivocally; NO.

But gosh darn, I've tried my hardest. I can say that without reservation. I have cried for answers. I have  prayed for guidance. I have  been angry, really angry.  But through all that, I have undoubtedly loved and still love each and every child of mine- unconditionally .

To this woman, I say this: Well, see above.

"It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man. "
[Psalm 118:8]

3 comments:

Simon Strehler said...

You've been an incredible parent, and sure not perfect, but no one is. You've glorified God with the way you parent, and not just your own children. Me as well

sfranklin said...

Oh, that woman makes me mad! You are one of the best Moms that I have ever met. Being a good parent means teaching and disciplining your children as the need arises. Let me guess, she's one of "those" Moms who believes that the child should be the one in charge, and is never at fault. Ugh!!

Unknown said...

I wasn't searching for compliments. But they sure do help right now! Thank you!!!!