23 May, 2011

Sorry. One pound only.

I don't even know what to say. To all my supporters out there, who are encouraging me and giving me tips, I'm NOT doing such a good job. It's embarrassing. I've never eaten more salads in my life. I haven't had bread. You know what, I'm done with the low-carb. I am going to count calories and drink 2 bottles of home-made green tea (no sugar added) a day and oatmeal in the morning.

I am walking every day. With the exception of a few rain days, I have walked 1-2 miles each day. My knees are screaming and my plantar-facitis is like having a daily knife in both feet, but I'm taking IBU, stretching them out and hanging in there.

What I'm NOT doing enough of, is praying.

This is a jumble of words. I'm discouraged, but not giving up. And best of all, I'm NOT eating something right now because I'm discouraged. So I guess I am getting somewhere.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't be discouraged! We are praying for you in the Eisenberg household. We know you can do it! Love you!

Paula said...

It' s a slow proces, Joanna. Don't give up! Counting calories will work! Can you ride a bike?

Unknown said...

Calorie counting is a pain in the butt, but it works. I use www.myfitnesspal.com, it even has an app for my droid so that I can track my calories on the go. I know you can do it, just keep going and know we are praying for ya!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sister! Keep doing what you are doing...only put olive oil, salt and pepper as dressings on salads...lots of tomatoes and avocadoes...Drink LOTS AND LOTS of water. Whittens will not lose a pound a day...it takes 3 months of pure discipline and then 10 pounds come off on month 4 all at once. Pray, stay focused and track everything you eat, how you exercise and how you feel. Your body will hang on to fat if it feels threatened, angry, frustrated or hopeless. It's our innate survival mode. Hope this helps! Can't wait for Florida!

Unknown said...

THANK YOU everyone--I NEEDED that everything that you all said. I'm hanging tight!!