13 April, 2013

The Piano I Painted

The Piano I painted.
I was commissioned to paint this for a wedding.
How to: Paint a piano by Joanna Emery (click here to see my YouTube video)



The tuner took the front off so that I could prime it.

I used oil based primer, about 5 coats. I sanded in between each coat.
I draped a sheet over the inside to protect it from the dust.
OOOPS! Unusual for me to spill!
But I turned it into a "happy accident!" It's called, "The Piano."
I used latex for the large painted areas. Acrylic for smaller areas.
I copied the paisley design from the groomsmen ties to a transparency and projected it onto the piano to trace.
I outlined the pattern in Sharpie Paint Pens. Then erased the pencil lines with a kneaded eraser.



I spent a lot of time on my stomach and in odd positions painting the tight spots.

I used gold paint on the top and spindles to dress it up.
I loosely hand drew the building where the groom asked the bride to marry her in London.
I drew wheat in gold pen over the black for a little drama effect.
I protected the piano with brown paper and spray painted the feet with gold paint.


I painted a verse from the song the bride wrote and will surprise the groom with at the wedding!
The finished product!! I welcome your thoughts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Words cannot describe how AMAZING this piece of art is!! Love! Love!