23 October, 2012

Where, oh where did the time go?

Ear loafs...hotowels....such adorable memories. My oldest son might kill me, for posting this, but I must get it out of my system. And what better way, then to scream it to everyone!

Where, oh where, did the time go? 

He is applying for colleges. How, I ask, did this happen, when only yesterday he was the chunkiest, cutest thing that crawled. And now, he is the hamesomest, smartest, most loyal kid I know.

He makes my heart ache, with the growing up that is. He has done nothing wrong, he just progressed naturally into an adult, darn him.

Now I fear and dread next year at this time, when he is missing. Missing from my family dinner table, missing from my Tuesday lunch date, missing from Monday night political chats. :)

I need to stop now. Or I will cry forever.

He is everything a parent would ask for. Everything a parent would dream of in a son. I mustn't cry. I must only praise God. I have done my best. Now fly. Be free.

....But not til next August, at least I have a little time.

I will treasure it.

Mommmy

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Darn it, now I'm crying and he's not even my kid!
You'll be fine, but it won't feel like it for awhile. Your relationship will evolve -- you'll go from mom/provider to mom/friend, but there might be a few bumps in between.
Hang in there! In the meantime, we'll squeeze in as many Monday night talks as we can! Then, when Anden goes, we'll invited Ellee. When Ellee goes, we'll invite Macy. When Macy goes we'll invite Eli and then MK and by the time we're old and gray, it will be Jude's turn! ;-)

Unknown said...

Blogger Joanna Emery said...

Thank you, I think!!!!!! I know, it evolves, trying not to cry. Thanks by the way..