11 February, 2013

Sibelious and deep sorrow







http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANQWJDr4mAU&list=PLCD759C83226222F1
To listen to his music



Sibelious and Deep Sorrow.

The auditorium was hauntingly silent. Not a cough, not a single solitary movement, only crazy anticipation of the joyful sounds to come. It began with the exotic looking cello player pounding on his instrument to the simple delight of the audience.

Then came the snickering.

One outlandish outburst of laughter, so out of place, so rude. I cringed. It happened again. What was this person thinking?! Was it an ignorant child where only adults should be. It happened behind me, so to turn around and glare would only show bad character. Again; then again! Someone should kick this person out, I've never!

Then came my humble realization, this tortured person was not snickering and misbehaving, this person was sobbing. Long and short jabs of muffled sobs came stubbornly out of this person's being.
I was shocked to realize. I was miffed. I was confused for a moment. Then it became crystal clear to me that the flow of pure honey in the air was so intense that it must have brought out some inner pain and sorrow in this person.

I held it in. For suddenly, I could relate. Not only now did I hold my coughs', my sneezes' and all bodily functions for fear of outrage within the theater, I now held in my flow of tears. The tears I had for my friend who just found out she's deaf, the tears for my personal pain and the tears for my dear friend on life support. It was all just too much.

I immediately knew what to do. I started praying. Praying for for my friends and all that I am thankful for and blessed with. I prayed for the person sobbing. I prayed non-stop for the entirety of the gorgeous concert until it's end.

God comforted me like no other that night.



                  Disney Cruise   Thank you Jesus.  

1 comment:

Shannon said...

That's beautiful Joanna! I'm glad you shared this moment with us.
Shannon