17 November, 2011

Yes, I pierced my nose too, along-side my "crazy" best friend.

Yes, I am the one. The best friend. The one in the link to the blog that was the "best friend" that pierced her nose alongside this crazy woman. That crazy woman; she has what I'd like to think I have...guts. For lack of a better word, I choose-guts. It's nicer than, say... balls.

I have always wanted to pierce my nose. Yes, it took me 45 years, but I finally did it. And I love it.

It hurt, the first week it was red and terribly embarrassing. But after 2 weeks of no one willing to comment on it, or even acknowledge it (besides my wonderful family), I have come to the conclusion that, YES, I did it for me.

I don't need approval (besides my husband, which I had), I don't even need acceptance. What I do need, is to be me. I need the freedom of expression, I need to know that I am still spontaneous and just a little different. I am confident. I am not a teenager trying to get attention. I am not a hoodlum. I am simply me. And if you know me, you will still like me for who I am, for my willingness to express myself in my own way, and you will be honest. "Hey, I don't care for that piercing, but I love that you had the courage to do it." Is what my mother said. She didn't ignore it, she didn't act like she didn't notice. And that's why I know she loves me unconditionally.

Thank you mom.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Foceangraces.blogspot.com%2F2011%2F11%2Fnose-knows.html&h=xAQEZ_lwlAQGxojcNeatQwizIy1xH5b6wAHLYchKwI-U13A

see my friends' post

Susan said...

I can't wait to see! I think pierced noses are cute, but I think it would hurt like the devil!

Love you! Susan

Shannon said...

I have guts and you do too! ;-)

Unknown said...

It hurt. But the three of us have had way too many babies to call a mere nose piercing-pain!!!!

Shannon said...

I don't think they can get there through your facebook page. Try this link.

http://oceangraces.blogspot.com/

Just in case anyone wants to read it. :)