10 August, 2011

The devil is kicking in....One Week!

Oven fire, broken down truck, dog with hug growth...these are only 3 things that has developed in the past 2 days. The devil seems to always TRY to get a stronghold, especially when it's near time to go on our mission trip to Africa.

I find myself at the Sprint store, my son's phone is broken. What am I doing at the Sprint store, I don't have time for that, I should be deflating 25 soccer balls so that I can get them on the plane! (But I'm hanging out with my son, I love that!) Later, I'm at the Crepe' store celebrating 2 of my kids "back to home school" event. (More fun goofing off!) Doesn't the world know that I am supposed to be coming up with another project for 50 Mozambican kids? Aren't I well aware that grandma needs lists and more lists about what to do, who to medicate and where to take who while I'm away??

In between my overwhelming list of things to do, life keeps happening. I WANT to play Uno with the kids, I want to hang out with them, especially before I leave. Trying to remember that they are my priority (not hard to remember), I attempt to not show my short fuse, my anxiety about the 17 hour plane ride, my sadness about leaving one day too soon to move my wonderful first born into her first apartment.

Keep trucking on, do one thing at a time. I keep reminding myself. And all the while I am praying. I am praying for the safety of my kids and husband while I am gone. I am praying for their peace of mind and content-ness about my well being while in a far away land. I am praying that they bond together for comfort while I'm away, rather than push each others buttons. The praying doesn't cease. I seem to get closer to God during this time every year.

Hanging in there!

No comments: