19 November, 2012

Dirty Carpets and laughter in a weary house (You must read and comment to give ALL the Glory to God)

God had a plan.

He sent a mixed matched team of 2 Kirby Vacuum cleaner sales people to our house today.

To cheer us up.

It was about 5:15 and it had been a longer than long day. My kids were in a stupor, the house had an imaginary cloud over it, no-body was in a good mood.

I had prayed. I prayed that God would help us through this day. Earlier in the day, I went to God and asked him that he help my children and me to cope.

Little did I know that our coping mechanism would come via steam cleaning slash dirt demonstration.

God usually works in these mysterious ways.

It didn't hit me that it was His work until late in the show when I glanced up at an unfamiliar sound and a strange scenario; my children belly-gut laughing to the silly man and his machine after making a joke about the 2 inch thick dirt and muck that he just sucked out of my throw rug. Although I would arguably state that that in itself wasn't too funny, the whole situation was.

The show continued with the very kind man and lady, his side kick who understood nothing about how to operate this machine, worked in perfect tandem, to make us all chuckle and laugh together.

I kid you not, they worked in this manner for over one and a half hours-until I finally said, "Can you pack up your  machine, I have to start dinner." "Not that I don't like the 2 of you, but really, my husband is on his way home."

I told them from the beginning, before they even entered my house that I would under no circumstances buy a thing.

They told me that they got credit for just being able to demonstrate.

Well, I gave them credit for much more. I gave them credit for putting on a great show, humoring my family in the mist of caos, and last but certainly not least, for deep cleaning 1 and 1/2 carpets and 1/2 a loveseat before my crowd comes for Thanksgiving.

But the Glory goes to God. Thank you for giving the weary rest!


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28


No comments: