27 June, 2011

9 Pounds! ...and gaining weight on air!

"You can eat and drink air and you will gain weight as long as you are on THAT medication!" says my neurologist. Wow. I'll admit, I haven't been the perfect dieter. But come on, I have had so many salads, and so few desserts, and walked so many steps....something should be happening. Depressing. Although, not to panic, I am NOT slipping into depression. As long, that is, as I am on THAT medication. So, do I be thin and be crazy, or fat and even keeled? It's not fair!! I am struggling. I hate being fat. I was looking through photos--only 3 years ago I was NOT fat. I yearn for that. I had an interesting conversation with my son. He said that it would be easy to judge fat people, you know, thinking that they are lazy, they don't try. But then there are people, he realizes, like me, who never sit still, are very active, have thyroid issues and other medical issues. So don't judge. AWESOME insight. But that still doesn't get me thin!

I'm rambling. I'm just working so hard on keeping my mood up about this whole thing. Our trip to Africa happens in 47 days, and I'm no where near my goal.

Here's a cake I made for a baby shower this weekend. Yes I sampled it.  (I promise, a small piece). I also decorated the table.


No comments: