04 April, 2011

A New Day! (After the Food Carnival)

Yes! It's a new day. I'm feeling good and ready to get back on track.

UNFORTUNATELY I have to talk about yesterday....what I call the FOOD CARNIVAL DAY. I promised to be honest, (shoot). I ate a large breakfast at Perkins. Skipped the carbs, but it had hollindaise sauce! Then, as if that wasn't enough, I ate the full bar at Pizza Inn for lunch. Going rapidly downhill from there, I continued on my carnival binge with fig newton cookies then a YoPop for dessert. Strangely enough, I did well at dinner. I had a low fat yogurt fruit salad and an all leaf salad.

I wallowed in my failures all day. I felt fat. I could almost feel the rolls around my stomach screaming out-you fool!

I read all the support notes I got, "Great Job!" "Way to go," my depressed self saying, "Well, less money the Challengers have to pay out."

But I was able to kick the devil off my back and am truckin' on. My goodness; 2lbs equals $39.00 in CHALLENGE support money--WOW!! For only 2 lbs.!

Speaking of CHALLENGE money, we had our first Mozambique information meeting! Getting excited once again about Africa. This year I look forward to having so much more energy. Maybe I'll even sport a sleeveless shirt, but let's not get over zealous...

Bike time.

1 comment: