02 September, 2011

Lost 7 lbs in Africa!!

I didn't "diet," per say....when in Africa. I simply ate until I was full, then ate no more. I truly believe that it has everything to do with my focus on God. I also did remarkably well restraining myself from sweets. My breakfasts' in Dondo, Mozambique consisted of home made bread, butter and honey and coffee. Lunch included that wonderfully fresh piece of bread, with cheddar cheese and butter, perhaps some yogurt with leeche, maybe not. No snacks. Only tea or coffee. The once in a blue moon coke, made with real sugar, not fructose. Dinner....chicken, frito patatos (Portuguese for french fries), and a coke.

I would eat that menu every day for the rest of my life, if I could. I've already tried to replicate it, here at home. The bread...NOT the same. The condiments and cheeses--too processed and full of additives.

I feel like I'm already gaining the weight back. Too scared to get on the scale to find out. There's something about Africa--it's under my skin, but you all know that.

And more about that to come!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great going to Mozambique with you!! I'd go every time you went if I could! Love you too!