02 May, 2011

Thoughts on The "Acai Berry" diet?????

"Back in the summer of 2008 Dr Oz went on the Oprah show and raved about Acai Berry. People really took notice and the world started talking about acai , but I was already a fan. In January 2008 my divorce was finalized and I realized I needed to lose the 35 extra pounds I had gained since graduating from medical school. So, I cut out most of the junk food and started running again, but my knees were giving me problems.
Then a fellow doctor who is also a well known nutritional expert turned me on to Acai Juice, which has the highest levels of antioxidents of any food, and high levels of “good” omega 3 fats, fiber and other nutritional benefits so I decided to give it a try. I was actually a little surprised the following week to notice my knees WERE feeling better, so I kept taking the puree and increased the miles I was running."

Dr. Perricone has stated that the Acai berry:
Help you boost your peptide power to prevent inflammation and improve your immune system, to give you vibrant, glowing skin and to enjoy extraordinarily good health.”


Well--this sounds so promising--should I fall for something like this--
Should;t prayer and common sense work??

Thoughts??

No comments: